6.8.13

CPY 30/40 Day 2: Toxins


Why is the second workout when starting a new thing always the worst? This always happens when I decide I'm going to "get back into cardio" too - first day feels great, I go longer than I thought I would, and I'm stoked to go out on the second day.

Second day is sluggish, stabby, gaspy, and sweaty.

That was tonight.

There was a thunderstorm threat tonight and I was feeling potentially migrainey so I skipped the sculpt and did a C2 class instead: "CorePower Yoga 2 (C2) is a rigorous yoga class with demanding strength postures that will have you moving, breathing and sweating! True to its name, a C2 class focuses on building and engaging your core strength to support you in more advanced postures. Set to energizing music in a heated, climate-controlled room, CorePower Yoga 2 strengthens, balances, detoxifies and exhilarates the body and mind."

I usually like this class a lot. You don't get bored, you move a lot (flow, in yoga terms), and you usually get to try some of the balance/flexibility stuff that I feel like I might be able to do in the next few weeks (headstand, birds of paradise).

Tonight, however, I felt like every alcoholic drink I've ever imbibed came out through my pores (along with all of the hangovers, french fries, puddles of ketchup, mountains of ice cream, and a salt lick) and dripped onto (and off of) my mat. I was exhausted and dripping by 20 minutes in. I need to figure out a snack situation that will get me through all this yoga, because today's blueberries and handful of nuts an hour before class did nothing for fuel.

AND it was FARTY. I heard at least six farts from my fellow classmates. (Yoga class farting is really funny and simultaneously extremely serious because nobody laughs).

The theme of class was "gratitude."

No comments: